The classic mojito is always good but having different flavors is a better. Does tamarind flavor seem to be a flavor you want to give a try? No worries, SinabaFood came up with the right dosage for the perfect tamarind mojito. A sweet bubbly drink with a light sour side. For my friends that do not drink alcohol, do not worry I got the “mockctail” version for you. All you must do is to omit the rum and “voila”, you will enjoy the non-alcoholic version. I still want to drink it while writing the article, but I found my solution I will have the mocktails on weekdays and cocktails on weekends. Well, let me share the recipe for 2 or I should say for 1 because I wonder if you will be able to share since it good and refreshing!
- 0.5 oz tamarind paste (15g)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 2 limes
- 2 1/4 tbsp sugar
- 2 shots of rum (mini) or 5 cl
- 0.8 cup sparkling water
- 7 oz crushed ice
- Dilute the tamarind pate in the hot water with ¼ tbsp of sugar, mix, let it cool down and filter.
- Put the mix into a glass.
- Cut the limes into 8 quarters and put them in a mortar with the sugar.
- Crush to extract the lime juice.
- Add the mint the crush delicately to not separate the leaves to much
- If you do not own a shaker, put into a bigger glass the mixture from the mortar the ice, sparkling water, and the rum
- Use a tablespoon, stir, and serve in the glass where you put the tamarind!
Do not hesitate to share the recipe!