I was looking for a menu for one of my client that is diabetic and hypertensive. I first made a list of all possible ingredients I can use for that particular week and at the end, I had a few left including, zucchini, avocado and shrimp. The dilemma now was how to put those three together while keeping a nice visual. Make appetizers with them and use the hard surface of the zucchini as a base. BINGO!!!!! For the initial recipe that I shared with my client, I did use natural spice but NO SALT. Here, I am using my powder seasoning but you can make it without salt.
Those finger bites are so delicious and crunchy at the same time. It will be a good fit to impress friends and family. I am planning to use them for my next catering event. For those who do no like zucchini, cucumber can be used as a replacement.
Shrimp-Avocado on Zucchini
- 1 zucchini
- 15 oz shrimp
- 1 avocado
- Avocado Oil or Low Fat butter
- Powder seasoning
- Parsley for decoration
- Grill shrimp in oil or butter.
- Add powder seasoning.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in round slices.
- Smash avocado with a fork and add a little bit of powder seasoning.
- Put avocado on zucchini slices.
- Put on shrimp on each slice.
- Chop the parsley and sprinkle for decoration.