A mocktail is the non alcoholic version of the classic cocktail. It is a mix of fruits juice or drinks in the same style as a cocktail, but the ingredients contain 0 alcohol. The term mocktail appeared at the end of the 70’s into a advertisement for “Libbey Glass” company. Libbey Glass is specialized in manufacturing products made out of glass. The purpose of the advertisement cited above was to showcase a martini glass filled with a drink, non alcoholic and to prove that it was not necessary to consume alcohol before getting glasses that were categorized for alcohol only.
Cantaloupe and pineapple are the fruits that I mixed for this mocktail, with a smooth touch of pomegranate. The juices are homemade and very cheap to realize. This mocktail, besides being an innovation revealed a sexy look. The taste is delightful (and this is an understatement). After my Tamarind Mojito which can be realized without alcohol, I present my recipe of “Mocktail Cantaloupe-Pineapple”
- 10 oz pineapple cut in pieces
- 10 oz cantaloupe cut in pieces
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp pomegranate syrup
- Blend cantaloupe, 2 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of water and pomegranate syrup.
- Put ice into glasses.
- Pour mixture in glasses while filtering.
- Blend pineapple, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 2 tbsp of water.
- Pour mixture in glasses while filtering
Do not forget to share and to subscribe!