For this week, I came up with a colorful salad that involves fruits too. I know, lately I have been involving fruits a lot in my cooking, but I discovered that they bring a brand new flavor to the palate and it is not disgusting at all, in contrary it is delightful. Growing up I hated mixing sweet and salty without even giving a try. Now, guess who is doing it, and frequently? Me of course. I would suggest to you guys to always give it a try before rejecting it unless it involves personal or religious beliefs of course.
The salad I want to share with you guys is a made out of spinach, avocado, mango, shrimp.
I love using spinach leaves for my salad because they have a lot of benefits and let me share 3 really quick.
1 they have a lot of iron (for people that have anemia)
2 they fight against quick aging
3 they burn fat (good tip to loose weight)
Okay back to the recipe.
Mango Avocado salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 7 oz shrimp
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 7 oz spinach leaves
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Sesame seeds
- Black pepper
- Choice of dressing
- Peel the shrimp and boil them for 3 minutes.
- Cut the avocado and mango.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves or you can let them as they are if you prefer.
- In a bowl mix shrimp, mango, spinach, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Dispose avocado on top.
- Pour lemon juice over and sesame seeds
- You have to cut the avocado and mango with a sharp and thin knife
- I put my avocado last and on top to avoid smashing them and to have a good visual of my salad.
Do not hesitate to share the recipe