I often see recipes for plantain lasagnas online but I had always been hesitant to combine plantain and cheese. I decided to make it into a small piece and reduce the fat. some recipes use sour cream, “bechamel” sauce (similar to alfredo sauce) in addition to frying the plantain into oil. FAT, FAT, FAT and a way to bring along diseases if overused. I then choose to reconvert original recipes and to roll the plantains with less fat. Done deal, and it can be served as an appetizer or an afternoon snack. It will definitely be on my menu for my next event.
Cheesy Plantain Roll
- cupcake pan
- 2 plantain not too soft
- 4 oz ground beef
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 parsley sprig
- 1 green onion sprig
- 1.5 oz grated swiss cheese
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut plantain lengthwise in 4 per plantain.
- Fry it into oil until golden.
- Dry them to remove excess oil.
- Cut all the vegetables and fry them into butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and stir.
- Add all spices and cook it for 5 minutes at low heat.
- Put the plantain into each cupcake hole so that they take the "O" shape.
- Put the meat mixture into the middle.
- Beat the eggs and add them on top of the meat.
- Put in in the oven at 170 F for 10 minutes.
- As son as you remove them serve and sprinkle each roll with cheese.